Details you give on this website will not be used to send unsolicited email, nor will it be sold or passed to others for this purpose, without your permission. For more information read below.
Health Heroes is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. Here, we explain how personal information you give on www.h-team.com (Site) or on any of our mobile applications that we may make available from time to time (Applications) is collected, how your personal information will be used by us and what controls you have.
This policy may change from time to time so please check back. This Policy was last updated on January 3, 2015.
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES WWW.H-TEAM.COM COLLECT?
“Personal information” is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title and address. We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- information such as your name, email, postal address, telephone number and date of birth;
- in connection with our account sign-in tool, your email and password details;
- details of any purchases or requests made by you through the Site or Application;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or submit a query;
- information from surveys, offers and promotions that we may, from time to time run on the Site or Application, if you choose to respond or take part in them;
- information or images that you post or volunteer in the form of comments, blogs or contributions to discussions.
You do not have to give any personal information to us, however we may not be able to provide you with certain services if you do choose to withhold information we ask for.
When you visit the Site or access or use any Application, we may also automatically collect additional information about your computer or mobile device such as the type of internet browser or device you use, any website from which you have come to the Site or Application and your IP address, (the number which identifies your computer or device on the internet) and the operating system for your computer or device, which are automatically recognized by our website. We use this information to help us provide an effective service on the Site or Application and to help us understand the different types of visitors to our Site or Application.
2. HOW DOES THE H-TEAM USE MY INFORMATION?
We use the information that we collect about you to help us understand more about how our Site and Applications are used, to operate our online shop and other services and to send you communications about the Site service, but only where you ask to receive news from the Site.
In particular we use the personal information you provide so that we can:
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- process and deliver your orders;
- verify payments you make online;
- provide you with information offered and which you request;
- analyze the Site and Applications to learn how many visitors we receive and what parts are visited in order to research how to improve our content and the services we offer;
- enabling you to share our content with others through your social media account; and
- send you news from the Site if you ask for this.
If you ask to receive news from the Site by checking the relevant box, you are free to change your mind and tell us why you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way by following the unsubscribe instructions on our communications to you or by contacting us using the ‘Contacting H-Team’ details at the end of this Policy.
Enhancements to our Site and Applications will mean that we [will] also use your information to handle or reply to you about any comment you submit on blogs, discussion forums and other services we provide.
3. WITH WHOM DOES THE SITE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
From time to time we may use agents or contractors to help us in providing the services we offer through the Site or Applications such as in hosting our website or processing transactions and fulfilling requests. Our agents and contractors will only use your information on our behalf, and only to the extent necessary to perform their functions for us.
We may disclose your information if we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example where required by law or by a court order or if we believe that this action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site or Application or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
In the event that we undergo reorganization or are sold, your information may be transferred to that reorganized entity or purchaser.
Cookies are pieces of information that include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your computer or mobile device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use will last only for the duration of your session on our Site or Application and expire when you end your session and close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site or Application and last for longer.
Necessary session management
- we use a cookie for the duration of your session on our Site to manage your login session so you can move easily from one page to another within the Site and so that your page requests are loaded in smooth and secure manner; and
- to remember any products you select in our online store so that these can then be presented to you in your shopping cart and we can link your purchase to you.
- we use a cookie to remember that you have used the Site before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to different parts of the Site.
- Where you are not registered with the Site and select a product to your shopping cart but do not complete the purchase, we use a cookie to remember your selection for 30 days and show this selection in the shopping cart when you revisit the site.
- If you select that the Site remember your login details, we use a cookie to encrypt and securely store this preference for 30 days. Where you return to the Site within this time frame, we can and perform a secure look-up and provide an automatic welcome message for your login.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site if you do so.
5. WHAT ARE MY CHOICES REGARDING COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF MY INFORMATION?
If you provided your email or mobile number to us and opted in we will send you regular information about the Site. You may opt out of this at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions in each email or SMS.
We will not use your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than delivering the www.h-team.com website or Applications to you, except where previously agreed with you.
We do not sell, trade or rent the information we get from you on this site to others for marketing purposes.
6. EXTERNAL LINKS
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. Children must first get their parent or guardian’s permission before accessing the Site or any Application or before sending personal information to us or to anyone else.
8. WHAT SECURITY PRECAUTIONS ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT THE LOSS, MISUSE OR ALTERATION OF MY INFORMATION?
Unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Information submitted to the H-Team over this website is unprotected until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure it is safeguarded on our systems. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
9. DATA STORAGE AND TRANSFERS
Information you submit via the Site or Application is sent to and stored on secure servers. However, in the event that one or more of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside the United States (US) or one of our agents or contractors is located outside the US, your details may be transferred outside the US. If we transfer your information in this way, we will take all steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
10. YOUR CONSENT
By using our Site you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide to us in accordance with the contents of this Policy.
11. YOUR RECORDS AND CONTACTING THE H-TEAM
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to the H-Team. If you change your email address or if information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us.
As mentioned above, you have a right to change your mind about continuing to receive Site news where you previously asked to receive these communications from us. Please send any questions, requests comments or concerns to email@example.com or write to Customer Services, Health Heroes, 900 East 62nd Street, Unit BW, Chicago, IL. 60637.