This website is operated by Health Heroes, Inc. Health Heroes is incorporated in the state of Illinois with a principle address of 900 East 62nd Street, Unit BW, Chicago, IL. 60637.
These terms were last updated on January 3, 2015.
To use the community areas of this website (i.e. forums) you must be aged 9 and over. If you are 9 or older but under the age of 13, please go through these terms with your parent or guardian and make sure that both you and your parent or guardian are happy with them and agree with them.
What you are allowed to do
What you are not allowed to do
You may only use the website for lawful purposes. You are not allowed to:
- copy any part of the website (except as permitted above, and to the extent that copying occurs automatically in the normal course of your accessing the website using a browser);
- store pages of the website on a server or other storage device connected to a network, or create an electronic database by systematically downloading and storing pages of the website;
- modify, translate or otherwise create derivative works from any part of the website;
- interfere with, or disrupt, the provision of the website or its use by anyone else, or remove or change any content of the website;
- upload to the website and/or use the website to store or transmit any malicious code or harmful programs designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software, hardware or network;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the website, the server on which the website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the website; or
- use the website in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates. You may only link to our website if the link is not misleading or deceptive; if you do not imply that we endorse or are affiliated with you, your website or any service or products you provide; you link to (and do not frame or replicate) the home page of the website; and the linked website does not contain any content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, offensive or which infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party. We reserve the right to withdraw any linking permission at our discretion.
Deletion of your account
We may provide community areas on this website from time to time (a “Community Area”). Please use these Community Areas responsibly and with respect to others (including us, and other users). You may only use the Community Areas in accordance with the terms below.
Don’t forget that you are legally responsible for what you submit. Please consider how your comments could be received by others. Many different types of people of different ages (including children) may view your comments. Please be polite. Do not use swear words or crude or sexual language. Only English is allowed as the language for your postings. Keep your submissions relevant. Do not insult other contributions or discuss the non-appearance or removal of any content. Please respect people’s privacy.
Community Areas: what you are not allowed to do
You must not submit any posts or material that:
- libelous, malicious, threatening, false, misleading, offensive, abusive, discriminatory, harassing or racist;
- a breach of confidentiality or someone’s privacy (for example, you must not submit the name, telephone number, email address or other contact details of any person);
- indecent, obscene or of a sexual nature;
- is likely to:
- cause a person alarm or distress;
- encourage violence or racial or religious hatred;
- infringes any intellectual property rights, such as copyright and trademarks. This means generally that you must own the rights in everything you submit (e.g. photos and comments) or must obtain permission from the rights owner to submit the material;
- advertises any product or services or is for any other commercial purpose;
- impersonates anyone else or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation or status;
- could prejudice any active legal proceedings of which you are aware;
- is technically harmful (including computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, corrupted data or other malicious or harmful software, data, components or conduct);
- is, encourages or teaches conduct that is a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise unlawful. You must not include links to any websites or webpages.
You must not try to circumvent (i.e. get around) any protections we put in place for the security and operation of this website. You must not re-submit postings or other content which you are aware has been removed.
If you see something which you reasonably believe breaches these terms, please use the ‘Contact Us‘ facility. Please do not report a post just because you disagree with what it says.
Rights to Your Content
In relation to any content that you submit so as to be accessible via a Community Area (Your Content):
- subject to the terms set out below, any intellectual property rights that you own in Your Content will be retained by you;
- you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to copy, adapt and publish Your Content: (i) via the website; (ii) if the website is linked to any other website or application, via that other website or application; (iii) in other versions of the website that we operate, either on our own behalf or on behalf of third parties. This license will continue to apply while you continue to include the relevant content on the website and will come to an end when you delete that content from the website.
- you waive any moral rights you may have in, or to be identified as the author, of Your Content;
- you are publishing such content and you acknowledge that you may be identified publicly by your user ID in association with Your Content;
- you are responsible for ensuring that you own the intellectual property rights in Your Content or you otherwise have the right to submit the content and grant the licenses set out above in relation to that content.
If you do not want content submitted by you to be subject to these license terms, then you should not submit it.
We do not (and have no obligation to) monitor the use of the website or any content uploaded to it by users, and do not pre-screen content uploaded by users, but we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to delete, edit or modify any content submitted by you or any other user, at any time and without notice to you.
Complaints about any content should be sent to us via our website and should contain details of the specific content giving rise to the complaint.
Availability and standards
We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the website is available for use for as much of the time as possible, but we cannot guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or error-free operation of the website. There may be times when certain features, parts or content of the website, or the entire website, become unavailable (whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis), for example due to maintenance or upgrades.
We may withdraw or suspend the operation of the website or services, or cease to provide and/or update content to the website, with or without notice to you, if we have reasonable grounds for doing so, including for security, legal or business reasons. We will not be liable to you or to any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the website, or any features, parts or content of the website.
We may impose limits on certain features of the website or restrict your access to parts or all of it without notice or liability.
Functionality and content
We may change the design, features and/or functionality of the website from time to time. The content of the website may be updated at any time.
While we try to make sure that content made available on the website consisting of information of which we are the source is correct, the website may make content available which is derived from a number of sources (including users), for which we are not responsible. In all cases, information made available by the website is not intended to amount to authority or advice on which reliance should be placed.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred as a result of your use of the website or any reliance on any of the website content.
We do not guarantee that any particular content will be made available via the website.
We will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content provided by users (for example, any inaccurate or incomplete user postings).
We cannot and do not guarantee that any content of the website will be free from viruses and/or other code that may have contaminating or destructive elements. It is your responsibility to implement appropriate security safeguards (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements as to the safety and reliability of content.
Use of your ID
In order to use our service via the website, you must register for and open an account with us. In doing so, you must ensure that all of the details that you give us are accurate and complete, and are kept up-to-date. Only one registration per person is allowed. Corporate or joint accounts are not permitted.
Once you have registered and have a log-on ID (e.g. username and password or other identifier(s)), please treat your log-on ID as confidential and do not reveal them to anyone else. You must notify us immediately via our website if anyone else has become aware of your ID in circumstances in which there is a risk of misuse or if you have any reason to believe that there is any other risk of any unauthorized use of your account.
Unless you have notified us that something has happened to cause a risk of unauthorized use of your ID, then any activities that occur under your ID will be treated as if they were carried out by you.
We reserve the right to disable any log-on ID, at any time, if in our opinion:
- any details you provide for the purposes of registering as a user are or may be false; or
- there is any other risk to the security or integrity of our website or the services.
Our website may include links to other websites. We may include these to provide you with access to information and services that you might find useful or interesting. We have no control over and are not responsible for the content of these other websites or for anything provided by them, and do not guarantee that they will be continuously available. The fact that we include links to such external sites does not imply any endorsement of or association with their operators or promoters.
Intellectual property rights
All intellectual property rights in any content on the website (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trade marks and logos) are owned by us or our licensors.
Our liability to you
If you a using this website as a consumer, we will not be liable to you for any: (i) losses which are not a foreseeable or likely result of your use of the website; or (ii) loss of profits, loss of business, loss of revenue, loss of anticipated savings or any other loss connected with a trade or business. This will not affect any statutory rights that you may have as a consumer.
If you are using this website as a business, we will not be liable to you for any: (i) loss of profits; (ii) loss of revenue; (iii) loss of anticipated savings; (iv) loss of business; (in each case whether such loss is direct or indirect); or (v) indirect, consequential or special loss or damage whether such loss or liability arises due to negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation or for any other reason.
If any part of these terms is found to be unenforceable, all the other parts shall remain unaffected.
All notices given by you to us must be given in writing to the address set out at the end of these terms.
If we do not enforce any of our rights, that does not mean that the rights concerned have been waived.
Access to the website or to any content from territories where use of the website (or any part of it) is illegal or unlawful is expressly prohibited. If you choose to access the website from outside the United States, you do so of your own accord and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- by email at email@example.com;
- by mail to Health Heroes, Inc., 900 East 62nd Street, Unit BW, Chicago, IL., 60637.